The Gulfport Historical Society operates the Gulfport History Museum with generous financial and moral support from the city of Gulfport. As part of our agreement with the city, we do not charge an admission fee to view our collection. You’ll find us at 5301 28th Avenue South in Gulfport, Florida.
Tuesdays • 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Fridays • 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturdays • 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Sundays • 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Things you can do at the museum include:
- Research the history of your home
- View our extensive photo collection
- Research Gulfport families
- View the current exhibit
- Browse in our gift shop, which includes a micro-niche Florida bookstore. Current titles include books by Gary Mormino, Jeff Klinkenberg, Jon Kile, Cathy Salustri, Tom Raif as well as many others.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or fresh pastry in our Square Mullet Coffee Shop
- Spend some time in our reading area
We have free wifi and water and encourage people to come and learn more about Gulfport’s history. We are also a gathering place for the community, and we welcome writers, readers, or people who would just like to chat with others. The Gulfport History Museum is your space; stop by and make the most of it!
We also welcome dogs and well-behaved children.